Current Voluntary Opportunities
The Young Politicians and Leaders Network is seeking for a smart, dedicated, dynamic, innovative and focused individual who wants to make real change in society, gain additional experience and build a career in social entrepreneurship.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
- Programme Director – Biannual Lectures (Ghana)
- Programme Director – Kickstart Entrepreneurship Challenge (Ghana)
- Programme Director – Young African Leaders Summit (Ghana)
- Programme Director – Young African Founders Forum (Ghana)
- Media & Publicity Director (Ghana)
- Membership Director
What we are looking for
- Passionate and driven individuals who understand our role, mission and importance
- A strong desire to achieve results
- Clear and strong communication
- Innovative and creativity
- A leader
- Self-confident individual
- Make time for the role
- Ability to drive change
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Able to take accurate minutes at meetings
Programme Director (Ghana)
This role reports to the Chief Programmes Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Shall oversee the development and successful implementation of the Biannual Lecture/ Kickstart Entrepreneurship Challenge/Young African Leaders Summit/Young African Founders Forum project.
- Shall create budgets, determine the various costs and expenditures associated with the project.
- Play a crucial role in project management and activities related to project executions.
- Review and evaluate external development proposals from communities.
- Be the interface between YPLN and communities /target groups.
- Write reports and evaluate program activities.
- Identify and track emerging opportunities.
- Coordinate programme portfolio to ensure key performance indicators are met and programme impact is in line with strategy.
- Work closely with other management team members to share information about programme portfolio, specific projects and programme impact.
- Support sharing of information between UK and other African countries offices.
- Contribute to strategic planning with Programme Team, including annual and medium-term planning and monitoring.
Media & Publicity Director (Ghana)
This role reports to the Vice President & COO.
We want to recruit a highly-motivated, astute Media & Publicity Director to build and lead the communications & publicity department.
You will have a background or knowledge in media relations, politics or campaigns with knowledge of, and an interest in youth leadership, development and entrepreneurship and social enterprise.
Good research and writing skills.
Ability to provide leadership.
Ability to communicate well organizations projects and activities in a professional manner.
This role reports to the CEO.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the successful onboarding of new members and renewal of existing members.
- Review member engagement and identify patterns, opportunities, and risk.
- Drive attendance to Events in partnership with Programme Directors.
- Partner with Media & Publicity Director to communicate overall health, opportunities for growth, and risk management strategy.
- Foster collaborative relationship with Research, Events, Media & Publicity and Programmes department.
- Identify opportunities for growth and upgrades.
- Contributes significantly to research process and content through their experiences, thoughts, and knowledge of members
If you think you have what it takes to make a change in our society, we will offer in return:
- Training & Development support
- Opportunity to make your role a permanent full time or part time paid role
- Enjoy good commissions & allowances
- Promotion from within
- Opportunity to travel to events across Africa, Europe and Asia
How to Apply
Provide CV and cover letter that sets out how you meet what we are looking for, your experience, skills and competencies (each no more than two sides of A4) to
email@example.com by 5.00pm, Saturday 23rd March 2019.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for.
Date for interviews will be communicated at a later date.
Also, kindly indicate if we can give your CV to other organizations for any job opportunities.
We encourage applications from all our diverse community irrespective of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or belief.